Monday, February 27, 2012

Gummy Bear Vodka

Gummy bears have always been a staple of my childhood. From their cartoons to their candies, my life was pretty full back in the day. As I grew older I lost touch with them... That was until today. Today we make adult gummy bears.
See you can tell these are gummy bears because I spelled it out with them. Gummy bears can't lie.

What kind of vodka is best for gummy bears? Bear vodka obviously.
We will it up until they are slightly submerged. We want to give them all the room they need to grow up, and be adult gummy bears. No need to stunt their alcoholic growth.
We allow them to sit for about two hours. It's just enough time for the vodka to almost make its way to the core. This way they retain their firmness. No one wants a flaccid bear in their mouth right?
Now drain off the vodka. This will stop them from dissolving. Keep the vodka for a shot of course. No need to throw away booze, because that's alcohol abuse. Now you can store the bears for later consumption.
Here we have the Ursus vodka and the novelty shot bear shot glass. It is properly chilled to make the bears appear blue. Don't worry though, they're not grumpy bears.
There wasn't enough vodka from dish, since they plumped up quite a bit. Instead I added a bear to the vodka. It just added an extra bite of sugar. Both of them turned out better than expected. It seems I've learned from my mistakes. These were a hit... Until we ate them all.

Vodka Gummy Bears: 4/5
Gummy Bear Vodka: 4/5

2 comments:

  1. thanks so much for your well needed reviews and tutorials! you have a fan in me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad I could help. I'll be posting more content soon.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...