Thursday, August 9, 2012

Mars Vodka

In interesting fact about Mars (the planet) is that no human could survive the low pressure of the surface. If you went to Mars without an appropriate space suit, the oxygen in your blood would literally turn into bubbles, causing immediate death. The planet Mars was named after the Roman God of War.
The chocolate bar is named after Frank C. Mars's last name. The God of War was named after this chocolate bar. Okay, that last part is a lie. Anyways I've decided to take a mini Mars bar under my wing for an alcoholic experiment.

So we have to get rid of the wrapper to show off it's naked body. Isn't it glorious? Just like ebony, and irovy, living in perfect harmony.
But I had my doubts of the alcohol being able to eat through the chocolate quickly, so I cut it up into several pieces.
To the bath house with them!
Now it's time to bathe them... Bathe them like the Gods.
It takes a long time for the chocolate to break down. The nugget breaks down quickly, along with the caramel (which we have seen from previous experiments). Here I decided to start stirring it with a butter knife, and crushing up any of the clumps. This was at the two week mark, and I was starting to get impatient.
After three weeks it is completely done. As this was a scaled adventure, it should work quite similar on a larger scale. Because it took quite a long time (three weeks), I have to knock it down a bit on the score card. How much though? Just a single point. The drink itself tastes quite like a Mars bar, and if you like that, that's a great thing. Luckily I do, so it earns a top mark.

Mars Bar Vodka: 4/5

If you would like to check out more candy and alcohol creations, check out http://candybooze.blogspot.com

3 comments:

  1. wow!!! I first time see how making mars cocktail)) thank you friend!
    I going to take stoli vodka and make this
    http://bestvodka.net/stolichnaya-stoli-review/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been pouring over the interwebs trying to find the answer to this question: I want to make candy infused vodkas for my sisters for Christmas and one wants peanut m&ms, is this even possible? Would it break down the peanuts? How would you get the peanut flavor if it couldn't break down the peanuts?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried them yet. Chocolate can be tricky, that's for sure. I think that you would have to grind it down, or break it into tiny pieces, and then let it sit for a month. You'd have to shake it up every day, once or twice.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...